Wednesday 30 December 2009

Our boiler!

For the past few days we have had no hot water whatsoever! It has been horrible; no hot baths, no hot showers, and no hot water for the washing up! It's been positively medieval!! The house gave us the most unwanted Christmas present; one that we can't return!

This is why I haven't been blogging for the past day or so; I've been trying to sort out somebody to come and repair it. I'm only 22 and I felt like I was having a mid-life crisis over this bloody thing. The plumber we normal have was in Benidorm (lucky for some), the man down the road didn't know the model, and so finally I resorted to British Gas. I think I chose the wrong profession. I should become a plumber, and then when things like this happen I can fix it myself, not wait around for hours for somebody to arrive who will end up leaving with my money!

What can you do eh?

There's a Monster in the Cupboard

There's a monster in the cupboard,
I can hear him grumble and roar.
He comes out the most at nighttime,
When he hears Dad start to snore.

Mum says he's pure evil.
Granny Mavis agrees too,
They say it's on its way out.
And they don't know what to do.

If the monster's on his way out,
I'd better be prepared.
I've hidden a spatula under my pillow,
So he knows that I'm not scared.

This morning a man came knocking.
With a black case and a van.
I asked if he was monster hunting.
He said he'd do what he can.

He was upstairs for hours.
I thought he might have died,
I thought I should go and take a look.
I bet I could kill the moster if I tried.

At half past four he came down
With a smile and a wrench in his hand.
He said that the problems were over.
He'd sent the monster back to his homeland.

I went upstairs to the cupboard.
To look at the monster's old lair.
Inside it was quiet and peaceful.
The monster was no longer there.

No comments:

Post a Comment