Tuesday 5 January 2010

First post of 2010


I am now back from spending a few days in London town. I'm glad to be back, but it seems that the snow has followed me! I can't believe how much it is coming down!!

While I was away, the boiler decided to go on a funny trip again and stopped making the water hot. I am now waiting again for the plummber to come for the second time in two days. I don't think that's going to happen in this weather, so I've stocked up on anti-perspirent, just in case...

Legally Blonde The Musical (the reson for my visit to the South), was actually rather funny. It's not something any woman could willingly take their boyfriend to, but as a girl's day/night out, I would thoroughly recommend it! Jill Halfpenny as Paulette was very strong, and would have made a good Elle Woods had she been a few years younger. Sheridan Smith played the part of Elle, and I thought she did an amazing job. I did not know how much television she had been in prior to the West End, and thought she was brilliant! Duncan James (playing Warner) and Peter Davison (as Prof Callahan) were also very good. :)


Here's the link if you want to find out more. I'm definitely open to invitations to go again ;)




I can't believe how much it is snowing outside now. I'm so worried about the weather that not even Pride and Prejudice (the BBC 1980 version - my favourite) can distract me!



Ho0pefully tomorrow will be a more productive day for poetry.




Riddle



As white as a bride on her big day,

As pure as the whitest of doves.

As graceful as dancers in tutus.

As free as the heart is to love.



No comments:

Post a Comment