Wednesday 13 January 2010

New Approaches

I can't believe it is snowing AGAIN outside. It's only a light fluttering, but the ground is already white and crunchy. There comes a point where the novelty wears off, and now it's gone far beyond that point.

In other news, I have been looking at [properties in Canada. It has always been a goal of mine to one day live abroad, and from hearing about and seeing pictures of Canada, I'm growing warm to the idea of making that my destination. I know it can get extremely cold in that part of the world, so I'd have to pack lots of thermal undies, but it just seems like such a lovely place to live. All that wonderful scenery and wildlife...ooo I just want to go now! Looking at some of the houses you can buy over there is ridiculous. You get so much more for your money than in England. I found a log cabin at the base of a mountain in Quebec with six bedroom and a hot tub...$600,000 (which is about £356,785.87 ). For that in parts of England, you could barely get a decent sized semi!! I'm so glad I've got my foot on the property ladder...maybe there's a chance one day, that that log cabin will be mine!! ...here's to hoping!!

There is something related to this dream that has been niggling at me - I have always been one of those people who sets a long-term goal for themselves as something to work towards in the future. At the moment, my very long-term goal is the log cabin, and my other is to have a career for myself so that I'm never poor. I divulged my Canada plan to my boyfriend the other night, saying that I would want to move over there in about 10 years, if not a bit longer, and talked about some of the things that I wanted to do before I consider leaving England. He didn't seem happy to hear that I had mapped out vaguely how I want life for myself to transpire. So, I pose the question: How do people approach their lives; Let things go day by day - or with a plan in mind?

...We are only human after all, and quite insignificant in comparison to the Universe. Our lives would be meaningless if we didn't fill them with hopes and dreams; that is at least, what I think. I often think about the fact that we are but a speck in the grand scheme of things, and that thought in itself is depressing. This is why I fill my life with love, and goals, and plans. For me, working towards something means that I can reap rewards for myself in the future. I don't plan out minute by minute of my life, but I like feeling that my hard work will ensure a happy life...

What do you think?

(I'm not going to mention this ever again! These are my feelings on the matter, and expressing them clearly can be frustrating to others. The last thing I want to do is put people off! That is all I have to say now...fin...The end! Forever, Gone!)

Anyway: on to my writing - In terms of a poem a day, I no longer think that is a plausible goal to set for myself; I've started back at work, and I have found it hard to get inspiration for poems with this weather that is refusing to go away! My new aim is to write one poem a week; that way I can have a few days to mull over ideas, and put fingers to keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment